[CF List] Problems reusing characters from 0.94.3

Daniel Lang dl at leo.org
Wed Jan 9 14:31:12 CST 2002

Hi,

I used to play 0.94.3 for a while, but decided to upgrade now
to 1.0.0 (server) and 1.1.0 client.

At first I was unsure if I could reuse the character
at all, since there are now distinct races.
But when I tried it, it seemed to work at first.

Then a serious problem occurred, it seems like
this happened together with a crash in the chess club,
but I'm not sure if this related:

I went into the chess club (that was new to me)
and 'applied' the bookshelf. Then the client crashed
because of a Bad X11 request (unknown pixmap or something).
Since then, I could no longer play, since the position
was saved obviously and I the client continued to crash
as soon as my character was logged in.

My only solution seemed to remove the location info
from the player file, thus I've edited the map-line
into 'beginners' instead of chess_club, which allowed me
to log in again.

But since then I was unable to move, as it seemed all
default key-bindings have been lost, all the keys
to move, to apply, etc did no longer work.
I could redefine these keys again with 'bind' but what
did no longer work is to use a skill, cast a spell or
shoot a missile weapon into a direction.
<FireKey>-<dir> did no longer work, and I
could not find a way to readd these kind of keys again.

If this is a FAQ please point me to the right documentation.

Thanks a lot,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock           - Burn them to ashes, then burn the ashes. -
*Daniel Lang *

     dl at leo.org

      * +49 89 289 25735 *

     http://www.leo.org/~dl/*