[CF-Devel] Python.h not found when configure runs.

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jul 27 09:53:48 CDT 2002

I checked out the latest updates from CVS today and rebuilt the
server.  I checked the config.log file - which I haven't done before
and noted that Python.h wasn't detected.

I don't know much about the code, but recently I was trying to find
out about Rainbow Wave potions and Occidental Mages items, and
noted that they seem to refer to Python, and since that interested me,
this was how  I decided to try to get Python.h to be found.

What might I have to do to help ./configure to find my Python.h.

Here are some of the details about my system:

Mandrake 8.0 (all current, official updates applied)

[

     krb at krayp120

      krb]$ rpm -qa | grep python
python-2.0-9mdk
rpm-python-4.0-26mdk
python-numeric-17.3.0-3mdk
python-devel-2.0-9mdk
python-imaging-1.1.1-2mdk
python-docs-2.0-9mdk

[

     krb at krayp120

      krb]$ cd    /usr/include

[

     krb at krayp120

      include]$ find . -name Python.h
./python2.0/Python.h

[

     krb at krayp120

      include]$ rpm -qf /usr/include/python2.0/Python.h
python-devel-2.0-9mdk