[CF List] problem with some diseases

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jul 10 09:39:37 CDT 2002

      This type of stuff is straightforward really bad programming technique.

      It is using the sign of the damage value to determine what could be called

      DISEASE_DAMAGE_ADJUSTER.  Currently, the disease definition is needlessly

      obscure when instead it should be clear so that someone could add a new

      disease or modify the current ones.

Hate to say this, but I as running out of parameters with which to modify
diseases.  Check out the documents I wrote on it:  I've used pretty
much every sensible parameter and a lot of senseless ones, for tuning
diseases, and
documented them very carefully so I sort of object to you describing them as
"needlessly obscure".

At the time there were no quick and easy ways of changing the names of
stuff in archetypes to something nice like DISEASE_DAMAGE_ADJUSTER.