[CF List] Testing again new Equip Scheme

erhard.sanio at gmx.net erhard.sanio at gmx.net
Mon Jul 15 14:55:41 CDT 2002

Hello,

I tested again on tavern.santa-clara server. The errors I encountered
last time have been corrected, wearing, unwearing, wielding and
unwielding appeared all to work fine. Even when doing intensive testing
including fighting, stealing, singing, wizard and priest spells, usage
of scrolls, rods, wands, and horns I found no serious errors.

Only the following things puzzled me:

When I tried to change rings by simply clicking on the inventory icon
I recieved the following message:

"You need to unapply some item(s):
 ring of Ancient Magic * (worn)
 ring of High Magic * (worn)".

Similarly when trying to wield a bow or crossbow:

"You need to unapply some item(s):
 Flametongue of Mostrai +7 * (wielded)
 dragon shield +6 * (worn)".

Is that intended that automatical changing of rings and twohanded
weapons does not work? I would consider that unfavourable as lightning
fast reaction is a must, sometimes. Changing clothes and armour still
works as it ever did.

The 'body command now shows sensible output:

"The third column is how many slots in that location are available.
 in your range slot                 1     0
 on your arm                        2     0
 on your body                       1     0
 on your head                       1     1
 around your neck                   1     0
 in your skill slot                 1     0
 on your finger                     2     0
 around your shoulders              1     0
 on your feet                       2     0
 on your hands                      2     0
 around your wrists                 2     0
 around your waist                  1     0"

Only, there seems to be a minor bug. When issueing that command I
wore a crown of Sorig +1. The 'body command shows an empty slot
for that type of armour. That way, I was able to wear a helmet
in addition which is somewhat funny. I checked with my original
character at metalforge and found that the crown is unworn
correctly there when wearing a helmet.

Ok, that's it for today.

regards, es

     http://www.gmx.net