[CF List] Problem with improved invisibility in client 1.3.0

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Jul 25 23:50:37 CDT 2002

     lembark at wrkhors.com

      wrote:

     This bug was already described on the crossfire board at www.viksten.com .

     Might somebody comment (or is it a known bug)?

     When invoking improved invisibility under client 1.3.0, the character

     completely vanishes. That is very inconvenient as one has to guess where the

     character exactly is.

     In all earlier client versions, improved invisibility shows a "blinking"

     character to the player proper so that one may see where it is.

       Fixed in CVS.  This is actually a server issue.

      Thinking back to a long-ago discussion on Improved Invisibility,

      and looking at the effects of the Ring of Ruling, might the error

      behavior be more appropriate? I.I. is a pretty powerfull spell,

      which might be reasonble to have some penalty attached to.

  Well, the code is actually for anything that makes the player invisible (eg,
skill, normal spell, etc).

  The other problem is that the player position within the map is fixed.  So it
would be trivial for the client to somehow mark what the middle square is.  The
player may not see his icon there, but know that is where you are is probably
enough.