[CF List] SIGSEGV - Latest CVS crossfire server dies.

kbulgrien at att.net kbulgrien at att.net
Mon Jul 29 09:26:23 CDT 2002

It hasn't happened recently... maybe it had something
to do with the save file...  I wasn't running the
precise config.h parameters as I was with the
previous server.  Anyway, it happened 5-10 times
after the update.  OK, well, if it continues, I'll
try to figure out how to give you more data.

      Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      > Why does the server die when a (the only) player logs out?

      > This is the latest CVS as of today...

      > Checksums: 70bf482b 70bf482b

      > LOGIN: Player named SirK from ip 127.0.0.1

      > Trying to load map /home/games/share/crossfire/maps/city/city.

      > load_original_map: /city/city (0)

      > Can't open /home/games/var/crossfire/maps/city/city

      > Can't open overlay /home/games/var/crossfire/maps/city/city

      > make_path_tofile /home/games/var/crossfire/players/SirK/SirK.pl...

      > SIGSEGV received.

      > Emergency saves disabled, no save attempted

      > Cleaning up...

      > Saving map /HallOfSelection

      > make_path_tofile

      > /home/games/var/crossfire/players/SirK/_city_apartment_apartments...

      > Saving map /home/games/var/crossfire/players/SirK/_city_apartment_apartments

      > Saving map /city/city

        Doesn't happen on my system, and doesn't happen on metalforge.

        No doubt you are experiencing some problem, but the lack of reproduciblity on

      other systems makes it difficult to debug.  A stack trace on where it is

      crashing might help determine the cause here.

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com