[CF-Devel] Crypt in FreeBSD (AGAIN)

Joris Bontje jbontje at suespammers.org
Sun Jun 16 14:36:45 CDT 2002

When reading the cvs mailinglist I noticed that mark disabled the
encryption of passwords for crossfire on FreeBSD. I think this is an
extremely bad thing for security and compatibility reasons.

I don't understand why this is needed. 2 years ago this item showed up
too and was addressed in the mailinglist see

     http://mailman.real-time.com/pipermail/crossfire-devel/2000-November/000597.html

and be sure to check the followups.

If the solution was to do SHA1 encryption (or MD5) for all platforms by
default, I would have seen the use. But decreasing the security doesnt
sound good.

mids
--
PGP Key:

     http://pgp.dtype.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF19326A9

Key fingerprint = 730D 9B3A F406 F28A 957D 6397 31E8 6D4C F193 26A9