[CF List] wraight

lembark at wrkhors.com lembark at wrkhors.com
Tue Mar 5 14:05:44 CST 2002

      mana regen is never too fast (at low levels especially), if mana is consumed

      for food, what is then used for casting??. this would just make special races

      way too weak, even now low level characters suffer for low sp regeneration,

      most of the time is spent just waiting so what would it become then, more

      fighter oriented playing less wizards and sorcerors, not the way to go. the

      idea of feeding from lifeforce of others, from draining or from fire or cold

      sounds more interesting.

The mana trick is obviously more of an issue at low levels.
Simple fix is to adjust the "food" consumption based on level
(or simply max HP). At low level it doesn't interfere at all;
at high levels you presumably have pow==30.

My main reason for liking this method is avoiding the
99Kg of food I have to carry into battle as a fb w/
str == 2. I end up dying of slowness or starvation way
too often. If there were a way to remove the need to
carry huge amounts of food it would more than offset
some change in mana regen -- especially at higher levels
where the mana regen is rather quick anyway.

--
Steven Lembark                              2930 W. Palmer
Workhorse Computing                      Chicago, IL 60647