[CF List] levels & spells

Kimmo Hoikka Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com
Thu Mar 28 10:59:48 CST 2002

     Just to increase the limit would solve nothing. Then it would be better to

     make the xp requirements to the next level a little more exponential.

     or

     Remove a few the the worst xp maps. I'm primary thinking of the temples

     of Valriel and Gorock, 100 levels! There are 29 defined random levels for

     angels I think, so a max depth of 30 would be enough to encounter all

     monsters. More than that is just a free xp source. (btw this is probably

     one of the major reasons why Gorock is generally considered one of the

     better gods (along with flaming aura and vitriol)

     Removing the best exp maps is the worst solution for the too easy level
gain problem. In the busiest servers (>10 simultaneous players) there is
already a problem of  finding areas of interest (and of exp). The random
maps are good (exp and lots of interesting random stuff in chests) and
if they are removed/changed, exp is somewhat harder to gain, yes, but
the game will loose playability a lot since you then have more players
rushing into less areas.

I would like to see even harder (and more exp giving areas) more as most
of the older maps are just full of goblins and normal (easy) low level
monsters. The level problem is better solved with more exponential level
requirement than removing means of getting exp (random maps).

--
 ___
<@,@>  Kimmo Hoikka - www.hoikka.com