[CF List] levels & spells

Scott Wedel scott at campy.tymnet.com
Thu Mar 28 11:27:11 CST 2002

      displaying you 20 x <monster amount> messages of the spell striking and

     Same happens if you pray. Duplicate message supression would

     help a great deal on long-haul networks.

I'd think the solution would be for the server to send just the message
index value which the client then prints.  If that was done then also
compression on the connection should largely resolve the issue of
duplicate messages over slow connections.

It should be a client issue regarding the display of repeated identical
messages.

As for experience levels, sounds to me like the table of experience needed
per level should be contained in a configuration file read at startup that
can easily be editted.  The cf distribution could contain a couple of different
sample configs with comments on how each affects gameplay.