[CF-Devel] Compile problems

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri May 31 01:31:32 CDT 2002

David Hurst wrote:

      Compiling on a new debian box (ie libs could well be missing)

      I downloaded and compiled the current cvs of the client.

      When I try to connect to mids server I get this seg fault..

      0x10018f34 in get_map_image_size (face=0, w=0x3037fe2c "", h=0x3037fe2d

      "")

          at image.c:359

          359         *w = (pixmaps[face]->map_width + map_image_size - 1)/

          map_image_size;

      ./configure ran with no issues that were significant as far as I can

      tell.

  In future, it would be helpful to know what options you ran the program with,
as well as the contents of your gdefaults file.

  Its pretty apparant that in this case, the problem is get_map_image_size is
being called with face 0.  This, however, should only be an issue is caching is
not enabled (if caching is enabled, something should get created for face 0).
However, easy enough to put a chec kin the get_map_image_size function for this,
which I've jsut done.