[cf-admin] Help with Windows XP

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Mon Nov 4 13:29:44 CST 2002

Short answer: no

There is no "install wizard" or "click here to install" Windows based
server.

Are there any plans for one?

No one has officially announced they are working on one.  What I mean by
officially is posting to the mailing list, code checked into CVS, etc.

Unofficially, a windows port is in progress(?) and more information is
available here:

     http://www.theperlguru.com/crossfire/

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002,

     JettB2 at aol.com

      wrote:

      I am an avid crossfire player, but I just got a computer with windows XP.  I

      know there are all kinds of problems with XP, but I am 14 year old who is not

      so familiar with advanced computer type-stuff.  If there is any kind of

      server that I can use for my computer?

                                                              Thanks