[CF-Devel] Compiling problem

Matt Russell mrussell at pilotindustries.com
Fri Nov 1 09:34:27 CST 2002

I'm pretty new at unix, here goes.

I'm compiling the client and after I configure the make gives me this error.

Version:1.0.0

**************************

     mrussell at pilot5

     % make
/usr/bin/perl -p -e s#/usr/local/lib/sounds#/usr/local/lib/sounds# sounds.dist > sounds
/usr/bin/perl utils/deftoheader.pl sounds soundsdef.h def_sounds
199 lines processed
gcc -g -O2 -DSUN_SOUND -DNEW_SOUND -DBINDIR='"/usr/local/bin/"' -Wall   -I. -I/usr/openwin/include -c sound.c
gcc -o gcfclient client.o                commands.o              init.o         item.o                   metaserver.o            misc.o                  newsocket.o             player.o                sound.o gx11.o  -lm  -lnsl -lsocket -lXpm -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lsocket -lnsl -lm
gcc -o cfclient client.o                 commands.o              init.o         item.o                   metaserver.o            misc.o                  newsocket.o             player.o                sound.o x11.o  -lm  -lnsl -lsocket -lXpm -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -lX11 -lXext
init_pngx_loader                    x11.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cfclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cfclient'
Here is the crossfile -o file.  I assume this is ok

It looks like the problem is with the client.  Client version 1.0.0.

     mrussell at pilot5

     % crossfire -o
Reading bmaps from /usr/games/crossfire/share/crossfire/bmaps...done (got 3665/3666/3666)
Reading faces from /usr/games/crossfie/share/crossfire/faces...done
Reading animations from /usr/games/crossfire/share/crossfire/animations...done. got (732)
Reading archetypes from /usr/games/crossfire/share/crossfire/archetypes...
 arch-pass 1... Adding friendly object Evil Master, Bonehead.
 done
 Setting up archetable...done
 arch-pass 2...done
done
Welcome to CrossFire, v1.0.0
Copyright (C) 1994 Mark Wedel.
Copyright (C) 1992 Frank Tore Johansen.
Can't open /usr/games/crossfire/share/crossfire/shutdown
Non-standard include files:
<stdlib.h>
<malloc.h>
<memory.h
<sys/timeb.h>
Secure:         <false>
Datadir:                /usr/games/crossfire/share/crossfire
Localdir:               /usr/games/crossfire/var/crossfire
Perm file:      <LIB>/forbid
Shutdown file:  <LIB>/shutdown
Save player:    <true>
Save mode:      0660
Playerdir:      <LIB>/players
Itemsdir:       <LIB>/unique-items
Use checksum:   <true>
Tmpdir:         /tmp
Map max timeout:        1000
Map reset:      <true>
Max objects:    25000
Use_calloc:     <true>
Use_swap_stats: <true>
Explore mode:   <false>
Shop listings:  <false>
Random encounter:       <false>
Max_time:       120000
SunOS pilot5 5.8 Generic_108528-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
Here is the ./configure info for the client.

     mrussell at pilot5

     % ./configure
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for mkdir... (cachd) /usr

the system manager.

checked for the presence of computer viruses.