[CF-Devel] Crossfire Problem

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Nov 11 02:14:27 CST 2002

Matt Russell wrote:
 > I was wondering if you have some insight in a problem I'm having.  I compiled
 > crossfire 1.4.0 on my SunOS 5.8.  The GTK client starts just fine, but I
 > haven't been able to start a game. This is the what I get when I run
 > crossfire.  I assume there is a server issue.  It looks like I'm missing the
 > cfsndserv file, shouldn't it have been included when compiled.  If not do you
 > know where to get it.

  Note the error indicates that the client is trying to connect to a machine that
is not running a crossfire server.

  Now why it is trying to connect to that specific machine, or why that machine
isn't running a server is a more relevant question.  The client won't start up a
server - that needs to be done separately.