[CF-Devel] skill musings.

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Nov 15 10:22:44 CST 2002

      From a discussion on irc tonight with myself, cryo, and garbled.

      The main idea was to remove the idea of experience categories and

      have each skill have its own exp and level.

I believe this is a most excellent idea. This will improve the skill
system substantially because players then really need to train
those skills which they are going to use:
E.g. can't reach literacy level 100 without actually using it.

That means *all* skills can be really balanced and used,
not only the monster-killer-skills.

I've always hoped this kind of improvement would happen
someday. So... go for it. :-)

        Various ideas on how to do this:

      1) [...]

      2) [...]

      3) [...]

I vote for number 3. Making skills available through quests seems
by far most interesting and enjoyable for me.
Maybe it can be combined though with some sort of maximum limit
how many skills a player can learn per level. But the limit should
definitly not be too restricting.

Andreas

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more