[CF-Devel] Money issues

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Nov 18 23:31:10 CST 2002

Preston Crow wrote:

      Is it clear where players with absurd amounts of money are obtaining it?

      Everything in this thread seems to just assume that the economy if broken,

      but there may be some particular loopholes that can be closed to eliminate

      a large portion of the problem.

      I remember making tons of money with the different gp:pp ratio in pupland.

      I'm guessing that's where players with >1M pp came up with the cash.

  I think the main issue is this -

  At level 10-15 or so, there really isn't much left to buy in the stores (not
that the stores are empty, just that there isn't much of interest for the
characters to buy).

  So what this means is that any dungeon they go through, basically they keep
all the treasure they find as money (in terms of coinage, as well as selling
items they found).

  As you get higher levels, the monetary gain from dungeons increase - more
likely to find piles of really good stuff worth good amount of money.

  And hence starts the discussions of recurring expenses for high level
characters and what not to use up some of that money.