[CF-Devel] skill musings.

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 19 21:20:45 CST 2002

      Ok, sorry for being so damn long winded. After saying all of the above,

      I'm afraid I've mostly just confused people that haven't seen a copy of

      the base system we've been kicking around the past few days. I think

      we're very close to a point where we have a workable system and some

      rough base costs. No doubt many of the skill costs will need tweaking to

      get rid of the 'super characters' currently wandering around crossfire

      servers, but at least we'll have a place to start from.

      I would like to have a draft proposal ready to present to the list in

      the next day or two, at which point I'm sure there will be lots of

      feedback and a few firebombings.

     Ok - lets trot it out - sounds more interesting than some vague references
to skill gems

      This may be a bit of a point. Our current model is looking at a separate

      category for each current skill - somewhere around 25-30 skills. Some of

      these aren't improvable and just bought at a base cost (mountaineer,

      jumping, meditation, etc).

Some of these skills could be made improvable.  I would try to avoid
marginalizing skills if they could be fixed or incorporated into other
skills.  Hate to waste one of those funky gems if it was a one shot skill.