[CF-Devel] improved Aljwaf for Bigworld

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 20 03:23:51 CDT 2002

I bulked up the Aljwaf quest for the Bigworld maps - this includes a good
chunk of desert and a bigger ruin with more buildings.  You can check it out
at

     http://abraxis.sytes.net/CF/finished/bigworld

-note this is not the same Aljwaf as for the regular map.
These changes have also been ported to the regular CF map set (one extra map
to make the transition) and is also available (in the maps tar) - only the
world map exit has to point to *ruins 7,48* (or wherever you want it to
point) and a return exit needs to be made on the ruins map to link it up.

I must say there are a lot of nice features in the CFJavaEditor these days.
This was the first time I have spent a bit of time with it and I really
noticed the improvements.  Especially like the help tips which are really
helpful (don't do this - this works like this...)
Two minor requests however - I would like to see the attack_movement codes
done the same way as damage and material (so I don't have to look them up).
The other thing is if more info for stuff like speed, ac, weapon damage and
the like could be added to the tool tips (like ranges - say ac the lower the
better, speed high - low (negative sign is for...).  This second would save
people a lot of time if they are new to mapmaking and since there is some
confusion on these things in different clients(?).