[CF List] Crossfire website update

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Mon Oct 7 19:06:38 CDT 2002

I've made several improvements to the Crossfire website.  Hopefully
everyone will agree with me. =)

The benefits are:

1.) The new site has better file path structure. No more mixed case file
and directory names.

1A.) No more strange directory paths, such as /Client/client.html - it's
now just client/index.html ( or just /client )

2.) The average page size has dropped from 50kb to 30kb - so faster
well.

3.) Content is easier to update due to a more simplified layout

4.) Easier capability of tweaking look & feel and layout of the site
through one Style Sheet file instead of 300+ pages of HTML via 4
templates

5.) Themes - don't like the colors or general layout - you have the
potential to change it or customize your browser style to your own liking.
;) (

     http://crossfire.real-time.com/themes/

     )

There are a couple of drawbacks - older browsers have problems
supporting the visual layout.  Content is still visable, and usability
feature are in place for these browsers as well as non-visual browsers.

Many URL's have changed.  I've setup redirects for the more "popular"
pages so people will be redirected to the new page automatically.

Here's a summary of a few of them:

Download (ftp sites)

     http://crossfire.real-time.com/download/

Clients