[CF-Devel] Occidental Mages Sword +2 crashes server...

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 2 02:26:42 CDT 2002

I have a sword of Occidental Mages +2 that I wanted to try out to see what
it does...

Every single time  I kill things with it, the server crashes.  (I am using a
recent cvs version, Mandrake 8.2, Python 2.0.)

Some background:  I  had to tweak the compile to get it to work with Python
2.0 since the detect didn't pick it up in lib/python.   I have Python 2.2 on
the machine since I upgraded from Mandrake 8.0 to 8.2.  I guess I'll try
compiling with that first.

Not having done hardly any development on Linux/Unix, I am not very sure
what the best way to track down things like this.

I am willing to spend some time trying to get data...  Any suggestions about
how one might gather information?  Nothing is printed in the log file that
seems relevant.