[CF-Devel] Sept 2 CVS updated Crossfire server is unstable?

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 3 19:39:59 CDT 2002

The latest CVS update (Sept 2) I have done on the server
appears to be unstable... Today I've already experienced at
least four crashes.  Prior to this update, the server has
been fairly stable.

I have now started running the server from the debugger to
see what can be discovered...

So far, crashes have primarily seem to occur when a player
is "shopping".   So far no crashes have occurred when everyone
is "battling".  This isn't based on very much data though.

I just thought I'd share my impressions so that other testers
can watch their installations also.