[CF-Devel] Apartments & Server crashes - Bad voodoo...

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 4 20:51:04 CDT 2002

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 18:27, I wrote:

      Scenario:

      1) Enter apartment

      2) Drop ultra-cool artifact on floor

      3) Exit apartment

      4) Play a while

      5) Server crashes

      Results:

      The ultra-cool artifact is GONE!

      Not in player inventory, not in apartment!

      This is REALLY BAD VOODOO...  It was a VERY ULTRA COOL ARTIFACT!

      Why isn't the apartment saved when you exit?  I think that the

      player autosaved during step 4, which is why the artifact is

      no longer in his inventory, but the apartment did not

      autosave...

      Server version:  near top of current CVS.

This, combined with the occidental mage invoked crashes allows one to
duplicate items...  8-O