[CF-Devel] Plugins and Python

Kurt Fitzner kf_bulk at excelcia.org
Fri Sep 6 12:33:45 CDT 2002

On 06-Sep-2002 Yann Chachkoff wrote:

      I don't know if it still works. Probably testing it on platforms other than

      Linux would also be a good thing - a lot of time passed since I last worked

      on it.

Works on HPUX 11.0 under GCC.  Some issues there are:

The makefile assumes linux-isms like .so.x.y filenames, -soname in the linking
phase, and no -fPIC on the object files that it is linking against (notably
the common/*.o files used in libcross.a)

Also, under HPUX, the crossfire binary needs to be linked against
libpthread because Python uses pthreads (because of thread-specific variable
namespace issues, all binaries that use shared libraries that end up using
pthreads must themselves be linked against it before it can load them).

Other than the compiling and linking issues, it works like a charm.  I just
wish there was an easy way to put script directly on objects, rather than in
separate files.

        Kurt.