[CF-Devel] terrain and styles

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 22 22:59:30 CDT 2002

What's the deal with the terrain folder and the maps in there?  Looks like
random encounters.  What is this linked to?

I have started to play with some of the random map styles (adding in a snowy
floor and decor, adding bears and wolves to the animal monster styles.  Is
there anything I should be aware of in doing this (like don't do it because
soandso is in charge of that or suchandsuch depends on that.)  I am trying
to make them a bit more balanced for the level they represent as well and
increase the variety a bit.  Things like axing the unicorn from animal
styles 7-12...
 Is is necessary to have a map for each level (topping out at the highest
level map, or is is ok to have maps like 1,3,5,9,15,20...) since the
documentation says that the closest level map will be used.  Any problem
with adding in some new monster styles?