[CF-Devel] win32 gtk client

Thu Apr 3 15:03:50 CST 2003

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been working with Somebody's win32
source (

     http://www.theperlguru.com/crossfire/gcfclient-src.zip

      ) and have a
fairly stable client that supports: gtk, sdl, client-images and sound.

binary:

     http://www.gazellevillage.com/download/gcfclient/gcfclient-install.exe

source:

     http://www.gazellevillage.com/download/gcfclient/win32-crossfire-client-1.5.

0-src.zip

In order to compile the source, you will need glib 2.2.1, gtk+ 2.2.1 and the
other dependencies thereof ( atk, pango, etc ), sdl, sdl-image, sdl-mixer.
I did all my compiling using Visual Studio, so I don't really have a make
file.  Sorry. :(

There is a persistent bug that I am trying to figure out, mebbe you guys
could help.  When using the "download all information" config option, the
client runs out of memory after downloading about 3500 or so images on my
win2k dev machine.  Somebody had informed me that his experience on his
win9x box was around 200 or so images.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com