[CF-Devel] Fw: Diamonds

Sun Apr 13 13:47:53 CDT 2003

Bernhard Kuemel wrote:

     Todd wrote:

     kind of thing would be better to manage in the arches no?  Make an arch

     for gold chainmail rather than add a random material type to the

     chainmail arch.

     IIRC my father found an otherwise simple sword made of platinum. It

     weighed about 12 kg and had a value if it were made of iron. Making a

     sword of platinum is complete nonsense for it has inferior strength

     than iron and a density higher than gold (21.4 g/cm3).

     Bernhard

     Well I think that's another discussion.  Obviously that sword was
magical, perhaps forged by dwarves.  You father likely found it deep
under a mountain perhaps in a Troll's den.  I don't mind the idea of a
platinum sword, I just think that there should be a consistant object
material system to account for it.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com