[CF-Devel] food beep frequency, etc

Tue Apr 15 00:01:57 CDT 2003

Bernhard Kuemel wrote:

      Hi!

      I whish the food beep frequency(/duration) were configureable so I

      could better distinguish it from my irc clients beeps or my father's

      crossfire beeps in the same room. Food threshold and how many food's

      per beep would be nice to configure, too.

  Code is there for people to work on. (this basically means, I don't plan to
make any such improvement).

  However, the one addiiton that may be worth making is that instead of making a
beep, play an actual sound.  This would make it easier to distinguish (presumably).

      It would also be cool if I could set what food will be grabbed blindly

      or set my character to automatically eat some food at a configurable

      level, maybe even whenever there is enough room in his stomach to fit

      another piece in. If only that doesn't make the game boring.

  This is a very low priority item.  IMO, if your blindly grabbing for a bite to
food, it should perhaps be even more random than it is now.

  Perhaps I'm biased because I almost never have a case where food is blindly
grabbed.  Perhaps the one adjustment I would make is not cause extra food to be
consumed when an hp/sp/grace is regained.  I can sort of understand the logic
(extra energy being expended, therefor extra food).  OTOH, this also means you
need to worry about managing food in a time where you really don't have the time
to spend this.

  And if you wanted to be more realistic, just travelling should use more food
than standing still for example.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com