[CF-Devel] Materials (was FW: DIAMONDS)

Wed Apr 23 12:59:41 CDT 2003

On 23-Apr-03 Mark Wedel wrote:

        But what I'm saying (and what I think Todd has said) is that a map maker

      may

      take a normal sword, assign it material type mithril, and expect that it will

      be

      'improved' as mithril would do so.  That mapmaker probably isn't expecting he

      needs to adjust value and other bits.

        More likely, he's found a random mithril sword while playing, and said

      'that's

      cool - I'll put one on my leader giant', and not expect that that doesn't

      work

      as expected.

Then it would be trivial to make a spcial flag that says "process this item
with the material change code, and then remove the falg and save the object"
If anything however, I think this flag should be per-request.. not the standard
behavior.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net