[CF-Devel] Adding New Stuff (again) - Requests and suggestions

Sat Apr 26 15:35:50 CDT 2003

On Saturday 26 April 2003 02:09 am, Andreas Vogl wrote:

      Mark W. wrote:

      > > [...]

      > > Looking at the "what new stuff do you want to see in Crossfire" poll

      > > at the website, it looks like there is quite a bit of interest in

      > > seeing new spells, skills, races, and monsters.

      When I saw that poll I was about to vote for new maps and

      quests, but that point turned out to be missing somehow. :-)

Good point - I noticed "completing the quests" was a big hit on the
"what do you like to do" poll.  It's one of the factors I'm taking
into account as well - new spells, races, monsters, cults, and items
are all useful "building blocks" for later constructing new quests.

Similarly, small new components can contribute directly to the other two
favorite things - "Building a unique character" and "finding neat and powerful
items"...

A could imagine a whole collection of "college(s) of magic" (akin to
the existing "tower of demonology" quest), each of which involves a series
of "prerequisite" tasks to go through (and fees to pay :-)) which lead through
learning a series of the particular college's rare and/or unique (i.e. not
available in random books) spells...but in order for someone to work on the
quests, the spells will have to be available to use...

Similarly, a "City Of The [new race]" would require the new race to exist
first...

MY problem is that I don't have the "chunks" of time available to try to
plan out and implement maps and characters and quests to go with all
of the smaller components (that I DO have time to work on), but I'd
like to contribute nonetheless...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com