[CF-Devel] Fw: unique-map recycling

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 1 10:11:30 CST 2003

This I sent a few days ago, but it never arrived, here it is again:

 I have an question about trying to clean up unique maps.
I added a function that will delete the relevant map files in unique items
when someone sells a lot (or recycle the maps when they quit) and that works
well,
the proper files are deleted and the lots file updates correctly but
since these maps could be in memory or temp map or something, when they are
swapped out the files are
recreated in unique-items (this is also a pain when testing maps with unique
floors, I find I have to stop the server, then delete the unique item maps).
Is there a way to flush the maps or otherwise refresh the map so
that a new version is taken from the maps directory on the next load?
 For example if I could flush the map then delete it and ready an new one?
I could overwrite the map in unique-items but wouldn't it still be
overwritten
again by the server with the old information when it leaves memory?\

Also what if someone else is on the map when it is sold
(could check for this when selling I guess, but what about when a player
quits
since I can't stop them from quiting can I?).  Since these are regular maps
with some unique floors,
it is possible someone could be on the map (although not in the 'house' part
of the map).

Geez, it all seemed so simple at the outset...