[CF List] What to do after Beginner phase?

crossfire-list-admin at archives.real-time.com crossfire-list-admin at archives.real-time.com
Sat Apr 19 11:12:13 CDT 2003

<Suggestions for a 6-8 level summoner>

Are you trying to gain experience (levels) in magic or physique?

Here are my suggestions.  Keep in mind the success of my suggested
techniques will vary from player to player.  Results may vary..

-=-=-SPOILER WARNING-=-=-

If it's physique, then go with an all "warrior mode" eq set.  For
instance, the most protective armour and shield your strength allows
(without sacrificing to much attack and movement speed..), the fastest and most
damaging weapon you can find or afford (artifact weapon or usually a
katana of some sort), the best jack boots you can find or afford, cloak of
protection, rings that are + strength and so on.  I realize this is more
"roll plaing" then "role playing" - but it works.

As far as maps go, here's a few:
Raffle 1 in pupland
Slave Pit 1, Slave Pit 2, Slave Pit 3 in Wolfsburg
High Tower in Wolfsburg
Twin Towers in Wolfsburg
Warehouse in Wolfsburg
Pirate's Arena in port area of Scorn

If it's magic experience - the golem spells is what you want.  Such as
summon golem, summon air/earth/fire/water elemental, summon pet monster,
etc.  Use them to do all your fighting for you.  With the spell (or
helm of) xray, you can safely hide on the other side of the wall and use
the shift-<direction> keys to send your summoned monster all over the map
(within viewing site, of course..)

Great maps for using the golem spells are:
High Tower in Wolfsburg (top level)
Twin Towers in Wolfsburg
Tower of Brest in Brest (second level, 1 hallway in particular)

Something else you could do is a hybrid warrior/mage. A balance between
protective armour and + Spell Point regneration gear.

Remember, you gain the experience for the monster you  kill with your
current set skill.  So, hack on the hill giant with your sword until he's
almost dead, hit him with burning hands and kill him - wizardry
experience.  Blast the evil treant with 4 or 5 burning hands and then
hack on them with your sword until the tree is vanquished - physique
experience.

HTH,

- Rick Tanner

     leaf at real-time.com