[CF List] New New Experience Scheme...

Vernon T Rhyne trhyne at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 1 13:23:27 CST 2003

I'd like to propose a couple points, rehashing much of Andreas's:
1) Going down one experience path shouldn't prevent you from going down
others later, or prevent you from going as far.  Honestly, I'd say that
it shouldn't make it harder or easier...

2) Overall experience gained from an act should be determined by overall
level, rather than the level of the skill governing the act that is generating
it.  A level 105 character shouldn't receive full exp for singing to a kobold,
etc...  (already been proposed a bit...)

3) Experience within a path is determined by level in that skill.  A level
105 character who has no personality xp gets full PERSONALITY exp for singing
to a kobold.

As such, having a "max score" doesn't force your character to stagnation, and
you can add skills and spheres without giving easy exp.