[CF-Devel] crossfire dragon race

Sat Aug 2 12:50:35 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:29:19AM -0400, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      And if you play the previous message backwards you get this message:

      I was wondering if anyone (Andreas?) was planning at sometime soon to add in

      support to change the dragon faces in set_dragon_name() so that when the

      focus changes the face would change as well.

      There is a set of graphics I committed to the player folder a while ago to

      use for this (black, red, green, blue).  I was looking at the code to figure

      out how to best do this, but not seriously looking into it.  I didn't know

      if people knew the graphics were there.

while we're at it...

1. possibly also change face based on rank (hatchling, wyrm,
wyvern, dragon) - it's documented as TODO in the source

2. instead of hardcoding the rank titles, get them somehow from
the arch - this would allow other different dragonlike races.
(In my private server I have a "draconite" race based on the
Dragonlance draconians.)

[]s,
                                               +----
--