[CF-Devel] Stats adjudication

Mon Aug 4 01:57:40 CDT 2003

David Seikel wrote:

      Since it looks like a lot of thought is going into changing this, I would

      like to make a suggestion.

      Any major change would have to be well thought out and well tested to look

      for abuse.  I think that borrowing from a well established RPG would be

      useful to cut down on this work as the thought and testing has been done

      for us, and the people that play these games are very familiar with the

      abuses possible.

      While I am unable to give any details right now, I would like to recomend

      GURPS as a very good points / skills based character generation system.  I

      can't give any details at the moment as all my GURPS manuals are a few

      thousand kilometers away on the other side of Australia B-(.

  The system should be thought out - that I agree on.

  But trying to use an existing RPG may not be the best method.  For example, in
games where players sit around a table, Charisma may come into play a lot more.
  Likewise, to say that how skills map in GURPS (or any other system) to their
usefulness in crossfire probably is approximate at best.  Once again,
personality stats can be much more important in LRPGs than crossfire where they
really are not used much.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com