[CF-Devel] Ideas for interplayer competition

Mon Aug 4 02:20:11 CDT 2003

      One last thing, if you implement this, could you do this in an optionnal way,

      in a plugin? So this is easy to choose if you want them or not. Plugins were

      needed, in the begining to add optionnal things to server or to change, on a

      test basis, server behaviour without interfering with CVS mainstream.

     I'm not sure how exactly I'm supposed to make a "plugin" for this.  I'm

     certainly not going to write it in Python.  It could conceivably be compiled

     out.. but at some point.. thats going to cause trouble if we ever want it to

     show up in the client as a stat.  This change is fairly non invasive, and

     really won't affect things around it, or even gameplay until we make it

     actually do so.

May I remind one small detail ?

Plugin != Python

It doesn't yet seem very clear for a lot of people... Do I really need to rewrite more extensive docs about that ?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com