[CF-Devel] Item renaming: proposal, status, question

Tue Aug 5 02:12:11 CDT 2003

Well, guess I'll just stick to one custom field and let the player sort
the issues her/himself...

      In most cases, plurals won't be dealing with objects that cycle

      between plural and non plural a lot.  And it strikes me that if I name

      an item, I want that name to be used - I don't want the server mucking

      with it, potentially causing bound commands I have to no longer match.

The custom name won't be modified. It'll just be used like that.
But as I pointed, as I have implemented it, real name takes precedence
over custom name. It's the player's responsibility to make sure to use,
in an apply/mark/examine/whatever command enough of the custom name to
not match another item's name.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com