[CF-Devel] More on item renaming

Mon Aug 25 23:10:31 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      Before I fix my item renaming patch, I want to have opinions on the

      syntax i have decided to use:

      The syntax would be rename <current item name> to <new name>

      < and > aren't used in names, so i think using them here would make the

      syntax easy to read.

      Obviously you can use partial names only for the item name, it will

      match the best, as apply or mark.

      Name length would be maxed at 127 chars (what is sent to client when

      sending inventory).

      Only the following characters would be accepted: letters, digits,

      various chars like -+_'

      Omitting the <new name> would clear the custom name.

      Omitting the <current item name> would use the marked item (or say no

      marked item if none)

      What does everyone (interested in that patch) think?

  Looks good to me.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com