[CF-Devel] ALSA 0.9.x sound server patches

Tue Aug 26 13:59:15 CDT 2003

hmm.. I haven't updated that patch in a while, nor do i still have the
modified sources.

I tested it and it worked fine at the time the patches were written.

I just got a new laptop a couple weeks ago, and there's a problem with the
chipset that causes linux's kernel (>= 2.4.19) to hang. i'm not sure about
2.4.18, but i don't have my old slackware 8.1 install CD.

NOTE: if you have ALSA's OSS Emulation, the OSS sound server should work.  I
made the alsa patches for those who'd prefer to use alsa, or have a desktop
environment like KDE that relies on ALSA.

Hope it works for ya,

Tim Hentenaar

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin R. Bulgrien" <

     kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net

To: <

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 9:27 PM
Subject: [CF-Devel] ALSA 0.9.x sound server patches

      I have reloaded my server and ALSA 0.9 is what comes with

      the distribution, so now the sound server will not compile

      without some messing around.

      I think the ALSA 0.9 patches didn't get applied quite right.

      It looks like Tim's alsa9-configure-in.patch1 was only

      partially applied:

      > [client]$ patch configure.in alsa9-configure-in.patch1

      > patching file configure.in

      > Hunk #1 FAILED at 162.

      > Hunk #2 succeeded at 209 (offset 8 lines).

      > 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.in.rej

      > [client]$

      Hunk #1 is already applied in the copy of client/configure.in

      that I have off of CVS.  (everything in configure.in.rej is

      already in configure.in.)

      It would also have the appearance that Tim's

      alsa9-cfsndserver.patch1 was not applied at all:

      > [sound-src]$ patch cfsndserv.c alsa9-cfsndserver.patch1

      > patching file cfsndserv.c

      > [sound-src]$

      After doing these patches, things at least compiled

      properly.  I'll have to test to see if it actually

      works.

      Perhaps it should also be noted that --disable_alsa

      in client/configure does not work:

      >  --disable-alsa  disable ALSA sound support default=use alsa sound

     support > if alsa libraries exist

      Kevin Bulgrien

      At 07:16 AM 3/11/03, you wrote:

      >Hey all,

      >Attached is the patch (since i don't have CVS write access) for the ALSA

     0.9.x API implementation in cfsndserver, and a configure.in patch so that
alsa 0.9.x is detected at configure time :P

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com