[CF-Devel] new artifact & treasures idea

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Dec 14 03:11:48 CST 2003

Sounds like a good idea.

Here are some more random suggestions/thoughts:
* some way to tweak sublist's chance based on 'difficulty' (map or whatnot). For
instance to increase the chance of damned item as it goes more powerful.
Like:
	randomitem helm
		arch damned
			min_diff 30
			chance 5
			diff_factor 2

for a difficulty of 37 damned chance becomes 5 + 2 * 7 = 19%
(formulea is just the first to pop outta my mind, can be changed :))

* one drawback i see with the implementation is that it'll be real hard to
forbid special combinations. If we want to forbid strange ring of ruling, we'll
need to make 2 lists, one with strange and not ruling, the other with ruling and
not strange, and duplicate all stuff we put (else probabilities make that at
some point one will appear). I'd suggest a way to say 'this arch can be used
only if this arch was not used', but it may be slightly overkill to implement...

(this assumes ring is implemented something like
	arch random_ring
		arch strange_ring
			chance 5
		end
		arch Ruling
			chance 1
		end

* the treasures file will grow fat, but maybe that's not too bad. Someone
wanting to find some info without downloading whole arch module will need
sometime to find it, though :)

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com