[CF-Devel] (automatic) apply rings

Sun Mar 30 07:00:49 CST 2003

Hi!

It is currently difficult to apply a specific set of (2) rings. Say I
wear rings A and B:

$ apply ring C
you unwear ring A
you apply ring C
$ apply ring D
you unwear ring C
you wear ring D

So I end up with AD instead of CD, because ring B has a higher
priority.

'help applymode' tells us:

"The ring unequipped is fairly indeterminate - it depends on how the
server has ordered your inventory (which is not the same as the order
your window displays)."

The solution would be to let the server keep track of the order when
rings were applied and always unapply the ring worn longest. This way
I could bind "wear ring of ice;wear ring of ice" to a key and be sure
I quickly get cold protection when I need it.

It would also be cool if I could make a keybinding that put the rings
worn in a (specific) sack and another that put's the rings from the
sack back on. E.g. 'open sack;empty finger1;empty finger2;wear ring of
ice;wear ring of ice'. And then? Hmm, 'wear ring from sack;wear ring
from sack' is probably too complicated to implement. And this would
also require to unlock the rings which I maybe don't want. We might
also need/want to label items or allow some kind of indexing like
'open sack #3' or 'label sack "sack1"'.

But the first thing, the order in which rings are unapplied is quite
simple and really helpful. Please do it.

Thank you, Bernhard

--
Low end Serverhousing ab 25 e inkl. 1x 11 e/GB, etc.:

     http://bksys.at

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com