[CF-Devel] player animations

Tue Mar 11 12:29:58 CST 2003

excellent - I was not doing it wrong then.

I am doing animations for the player race faces but only the frontal (151 -
152) for now (unless I get inspired).  While I am doing this I would like to
know once and for all what the proper convention is - the general form for
these appears to be is 111 is back side(moving north) 131 is right
side(moving east) 151 is front (standing, moving south) and 171 is left side
(moving west).  This is what the documentation says too.

8 1 2
 \  |  /
7-0-3
 /  |  \
6 5  4

The default face is up for grabs (111, 171...)  There seems to be a bit of
variation on these and I would like to fix that since it has burned me in
the past.
If there is a common agreement on this convention now would be a good time
for me to fix these to use it.

Also - what about retiring old images?
I recently updated the 'classic' Ent and was wondering is there a process
where images are retired.  Am I supposed to be doing this?  Also what is the
deal with the alternate image set?