[CF-Devel] PATCH: inscription couldn't write spells, and prepended garbage to text

Tue Mar 4 23:51:11 CST 2003

Jochen Suckfuell wrote:

      Hi!

      This small patch does two things:

      1) When writing a text message, it prevents the binary garbage at the start of

      the written message by initializing the *buf = 0 before strcpying into it.

      2) When no message is given to use_skill, write the current spell into the

      scroll. This previously depended on the type of the marked scroll, though it

      should depend on what the user wanted. As if it isn't confusing enough that

      we have scrolls with type==book. If you try to write a spell into a book or a

      message into a scroll, you'll get an appropriate message anyway.

  I don't see any problem with this patch, and I'll apply it an put it in CVS.

  Note that if you put patches to the list, please use context diffs - I've had
about a 50% success rate on applying your patches as is - don't know if it is
related to it being a unified diff or not, but context diffs seem to be more
forgiving, and tend to be easier to hand apply if there is some problem in
automatic application.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com