[CF-Devel] potion images

Fri Mar 21 02:22:14 CST 2003

Bernd Edler wrote:

      On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Tim Rightnour wrote:

     Do you have a screenshot you could put up on the web with these potions like

     littering the ground in the magic shop or something?  If you can't post it on

     the web, maybe you could send it to the list.  It's hard to judge how they

     would look in the game.

      There you are.

      I linked the gfx like this:

      potion_aether.111.png -> potion_tt_grey.png

      potion_fire2.111.png -> potion_tt_red.png

      potion_freeze.111.png -> potion_tt_white.png

      potion_heal2.111.png -> potion_tt_blue.png

      potion_ishock.111.png -> potion_tt_yellow.png

      potion_mimm.111.png -> potion_tt_green.png

      potion_resist.111.png -> potion_tt_magenta.png

      potion_shock.111.png -> potion_tt_yellow.png

      potion_util.111.png -> potion_tt_cyan.png

      based mainly on the colors of the equivalent classic set images.

  Thought I replied to this a while ago, but still see it in my mailbox, so I
guess not.

  IMO, the images themselves look nice enough.  I'm just not sure if I'm all the
keen replacing the potion images with those.  I'd rather have the round bottles
or whatnot that more look like something you'd actually dring something out of.

  I'd think updating colors on existing potion images probably wouldn't be that
hard.

  that said, I think they'd work fine for use in a alchemy or perhaps other
formula type stuff (essence of red dragon or whatever).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com