[CF-Devel] Appartment-quit crash

Mon May 26 12:45:39 CDT 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 06:03:21PM +0200, Joris Bontje wrote:

      On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 05:54:16PM +0200, Joris Bontje wrote:

      > Player Ketche reports a way to crash the server:

      > Buy a permanent appartment (the one in Scorn for example) and type quit.

      > BOOM!

     [snip]

You don't even need to buy it. Just enter the apartment and quit, and the
server crashes.

On a related note, if you bring *any* pets at all into the Blood Well in
Stoneville (while the traps haven't been disarmed yet), the server will
crash too. I've unwittingly crashed metalforge twice because of this. This
seems to be a bug in the pet placement code.

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com