[CF-Devel] Updating FAQ: What do I need to run Crossfire?

Wed May 28 00:06:35 CDT 2003

I'm looking to update the following content for the Crossfire FAQ.  Does
anyone have anything else to add, update, remove, etc ?

     http://crossfire.real-time.com/faq/faq.html#2.1

<cite>

2.1 What do I need to run Crossfire?

You will need UNIX, X-windows and an ANSI C compiler to compile this game.

Crossfire has been known to compile on the following systems (latest known
version number of Crossfire that compiled on these systems is included in
parantheses):

* Sun3, SunOs 4.1.1, gcc (0.90.3)
* DEC300AXP-500 (Alpha with OSF1 1.3) (0.90.3)
* Sun4 with SunOS 4.1.3 (0.90.2)
* Ultrix 4.2a (0.90.1)
* PC Compatiable, with Linux (0.89.3)
* IBM RS/6000 with AIX 1.2, X11R4/5 (0.91.4)
* HP735, HPUX, X11R5 (0.90.2)
* DEC 3100 and DEC 5000 with ULTRIX BSD 4.2
* DEC with OSF1
* VAX3100 with BSD 4.3
* IBM RT with BSD4.3
* HP9000-series (HP-UX) (very old versions of HP-UX might barf on
stdarg.h)
* MIPS with RISC/os
 * (UMIPS) 4.52 (?)

It has been compiled with X11R3, X11R4 and X11R5 (the editor requires
X11R5).

To get directions on compilation, read the INSTALL file.

</cite>

I also posted this in the Crossfire Forum and will manage any cross
posting between the mailing list and the Forum.

     http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?p=204#204

Thanks!

- Rick

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com