[CF-Devel] Apply container bug / GTK client question

Wed May 28 09:10:13 CDT 2003

Hello everyone.

I'm rather new on Crossfire, only played for one or 2 months, but i
really enjoy the game ^.^

I'm using the GTK client under Windows, and one bug that bothers me is
how containers work: non applied => applied => opened => APPLIED
(instead of non applied). Meaning it's a pain for instance with foods
created by gods, which can't be picked up when a sack is applied. So you
have to drop the sack, then grab everything.

I tracked the bug in the server code, and couldn't find anything, but
browsing the GTK client, here's something that bothers me:

-- gtk/gx11.c
void close_container (item *op)
{
   if (look_list.env != cpl.below) {
 >>> client_send_apply (look_list.env->tag); <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
     look_list.env = cpl.below;
     strcpy (look_list.title, "You see:");
     draw_list (&look_list);
   }
}

Tracing the code some more, the 'client_send_apply' basically just sends
an 'apply' with the name (which i assume to be the container's).
So here's how i see the bug: player applies opened container to close
it, server closes and unapplies, client gets update and sends an apply
order straight back, meaning the container is applied again....

What do you guys think?

BTW, i can't really test stuff for now, under Windows (i'll try to play
with the sources anyway, but not sure if i'll succeed in compiling the
client & such).

Nicolas ('Ryo' on Metalforge server)

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com