[CF-Devel] server error: Unrecognized string

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 3 01:52:04 CST 2003

Bernd Edler wrote:

      I encountered a problem which i can reproduce 100 %, but still

      could not trace:

      Whenever i create a new character whose class gets a spellbook

      as start-equip, the server is caught in an infinite loop.

      As the last message from the server is:

      "Unrecognized string: arch dungeon_magic" ,

      one might think the lexx created loader.c is broken.

      So I tested rebuilding loader.c with my bison-1.875.

      Although the created files differ quite a bit, the server does

      behave the same.

      The parser seems to crash on the very first arch after the map header

      - independent of map.

      But classes without spellbooks eg. barbarian/warrior/monk etc. do not

      crash my server.

      OK, they do too... but only after entering/leaving several different maps.

      The "spellbook" classes always crash my server when stepping on the

      player-changer.

      Thus, i think something goes wrong creating "randomitems".

      I attached a server log (not very helpful I'm afraid.)

      system : Linux 2.4.22

      compiler:  gcc-3.3.2

  don't use gcc 3.3.2

  Sounds like you are encountering a bug that was already reported:

     http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=807828&group_id=13833&atid=113833

  Not a bug with crossfire, but a bug with the compiler.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com