[CF-Devel] Java editor and elevation.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 3 19:35:36 CST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:17 pm, Andreas Vogl wrote:

      The reason you didn't find an ArchObject.setAttributeString() or

      ArchObject.removeAttribute() function is that all data the

      editor handles in a special way is parsed out of the attribute

      text and kept in seperate (more convenient) datastructures.

I did notice that, but did it this way to be the least invasive.

      Doing this with the height information (e.g. parse it into an int

      array in CMapModel) would probably have benefits, as you would

      never loose the data, and also could make special visual views

      like a "heightmap" without delays from parsing.

      OTOH, it would require much more work, and among other concerns

      height would then need a seperate input field somewhere.

I also thought of doing that.  I'll add it to the bottom of my (rather
lengthy) TODO list.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com