[CF-Devel] patch:Bargaining experience

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 10 05:05:13 CST 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Mark Wedel wrote:

        I'm still mixed on the idea of your charisma affecting the exp you get for

      bargaining.

I seems natural to me, as this is the way for all the other skills.
If you have more strength, you can kill bigger monsters ->
you make more experience -> easier to raise melee skills.
So better bargain -> bigger archievement -> more experience.

Of course, if i save money due to charisma, i may invest it in raising the
skill. Then charisma would be at least indirectly useful for the skill.

        I don't think there are any race/classes that use it, but originally expmul

      was added as a value to set in a race/class to denote how much more/less exp

      they need for each level.

I was not aware of that.

      Probably the right approach on that would be the code that calls

      level_exp() to do the expmul work, since anyplace that calls it should know if

      it is the player vs a skill.

Depends on if either:

a. The expmul of a player effect only overall exp.

Then we can do it as suggested.

b. Or the expmul also effect the needed experience in the skills.

In this case the fuction must always factor in the player's expmul, but of
course not the one of the skill.

        Rather than mucking with storing away charisma and resetting it ...

      just add that as a bitmask to existing > values.

You are right. I will change that.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com