AW: [CF-Devel] Code documentation? Warnings cleaning?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Nov 15 20:24:11 CST 2003

I had ported the source some times ago as you know and
all i can say is that a warning free source is possible and
it will benefits both plattforms. A source which compiles
on different OS with different compilers will win in
stability and not lose. At last for the daimonin server which
is still in alot parts very near to cf it is a fact.

If you want hold the loader.c in the source (what should not be
like autconf.h too) then simply produce a loader_win.c for windows.
A on windows with flex generated loader.c will run fine without any
warnings. And note: loader.c is not a real source file -
its a system depending generated file - loader.l is the source file.

        I'm a little concerned in that some of these could break

      compiling on unix.

      Eg, different API for windows or whatever else.  It'd be a shame

      for you to fix

      all those, and then have them undone because it breaks it working on unix.

        Also, there are some number of errors that just can't be

      fixed/eliminated.

      Anything from loader.c, or the other .c files which are generated

      from .l files

      really can't be fixed.  This is because it is code that lex

      generates which is

      resulting in the warnings.   So having those files produce

      warnings is just a

      fact of life.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com